Fact: people are suffering now more than ever before.
- More than 20 million children live in a home without the physical presence of a father.
- 23.5 million persons aged 12 or older needed treatment for an illicit drug or alcohol abuse problem.
- There is one death by suicide in the US every 12.3 minutes in the United States.
BUT, there is hope.
- Positive male role models can influence the lives of children in their communities.
- Studies show that working with peers in a recovery community environment may reduce alcohol use, drug use, and criminal justice charges for at-risk populations.
- Studies show that children with mentors were more confident and had fewer behavioral problems, including suicidal ideations.
The Bottom of the Ninth’s mission to equip, support and provide resources to uniquely qualified role models who are committed to boldly rebuilding the spirit and character of our nation through personal testimony, mentoring, motivational presentation, and inspirational products.